Where Oh Where Did My Little Blog Go?

Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Test...

This sounds a little corny... but I have come to view organized religion as a reality based representation of the "Force" on Star Wars! What an amazing gift it is to have the kind of power that comes from a community of faith! However, we need to be cautious and aware. Any strength that can be used for good, can also be used to the detriment of that which is good. This is perhaps best illustrated by a world history riddled with holy wars, crusades, and persecution exercised in the name of a divine entity. When practicing faith, regardless of religious shroud, we have a responsibility not to get so caught up in our own ideals, objectives, and perspectives that we we fail to acknowledge God's divine purpose in life and the experience it provides. I have come to realize... If we truly had all the answers, we wouldn't be taking the test.

1 comment:

  1. Not corny at all, in fact it makes perfect, in fact I quite agree with your way of seeing this. In fact while not really a religion, it's one of the things that drew me Buddhism because this outlook is central to the practice. It's all about not allowing others to come to harm, about doing everything I can to prevent any possible harm my actions could have on someone else.

    Yes, very much still being tested, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the concept. You rock Christina!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete