Where Oh Where Did My Little Blog Go?

Friday, July 8, 2016

March Where You Stand...


MARCH WHERE YOU STAND.  Show your love for others.  #healamerica ❤️❤️❤ 

So... I went to Krispy Kreme this morning to surprise the boys with some donuts for breakfast.  I noticed a packed-out black SUV, full of kids of various ages and ethnicities, laughing and playing together in the seats of the car. They were poking at one another and tickling each other.  They were so exuberant, the vehicle was rocking on its wheels.  In that moment, on a somber morning riddled with sadness over another National tragedy, I felt JOY.  Those children, and the (very patient) adult driving them, were uninhibited by the hate, racial tension, and anger unfolding in our society... 

These kids will grow up black, white, and Hispanic.  Someday they may work in law enforcement, healthcare, or business.  They may be gay, straight, or transgender.  BUT... Today they're just kids, playing with other kids, the way kids do.  In that moment of clarity I realized my personal responsibility.  I can make a difference... I can be more like them.  I can "march where I stand" by demonstrating my love and compassion for others.  

When I got to the drive-thru window, I paid for their order.  The cashier seemed a bit puzzled and asked if I knew them.  I told him that I didn't know them, but asked that he pass along a message for me... "Help heal America, pay it forward, and have a BLESSED DAY".  

Instead of sitting in front of the TV, waiting for morbid details to emerge in the press, let's DO SOMETHING.  Let's go out and show our LOVE for one another... Say "hello" to a stranger, smile, commit a random act of kindness, help someone in need, be courteous, etc.  HATE KILLS, but LOVE HEALS.  Let's do our part.  

MARCH WHERE YOU STAND... Show your love for others.  Heal America. ❤️❤️❤ 
#marchwhereyoustand #healamerica

No comments:

Post a Comment